The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) advocates the establishment of The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) by all the Accredited Institutions as a post accreditation quality sustenance activity.
In compliance with this requirement, The College constituted the IQAC on 18th Jan’2005.
Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Institution.
Organisation of workshops, seminars on quality related themes.
Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
The College is preparing for Re-Accreditation and The Re-Accreditation Report (RAR) is being sent in December 2009 along with the LOI. The NAAC Peer Team is expected to visit The College by July 2010.
The IQAC comprising of members from both the Teaching and Non-teaching staff as well as representatives from the University and society has taken up various activities for the upliftment of the College:
Initiated Meetings with all the Departments to promote quality in the teaching-learning process.
Constituted different Cells, Committees and Clubs for promoting a healthy and conducive environment for both the Staff and Students.
National Seminars were held in 2007-2008
* 2007 “Tradition, Continuity, Change: An Assessment of Gender Disparity in the Context of North-East India”
* 2008 “Nuclear Science and Its Applications in various fields”
* 2009 Workshop on “Dynamics of Quality in Higher Education and Preparation for Re-Accreditation.
* Inter-Departmental Seminars for Arts, Science and Commerce stream whereby the students are awarded certificates and prizes.
* Net Working facility for the entire campus
* Computerization of the Library
* Instituted Annual Memorial Lecture series on 26th Nov’09 to commemorate Ms. Mavis Dunn Lyngdoh Mawlong, a noted Khasi politician and social activist.
* Annual Quality Assurance Report(AQAR) submitted to NAAC from 2006-2008