|Name & Qualifications||Designation||Specialization||Date of join|
|Ms. Lakyntiew Pariat M.Sc, M.Phil.||Lecturer, HOD||Food Service Management and Dietetics||15.12.04|
|Ms Ivorica Nongpiur M.Sc, M.Phil||Lecturer||Food Service Management and Dietetics||16.05.05|
|Ms Angeline Rynjah M.Sc||Lecturer||Food Service Management and Dietetics||28.07.08|
|Ms Joplin Kharjana M.Sc.||Lecturer||Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics||01.04.11|
Avenues and Prospects
The scope of nutrition extends far beyond the classical study of the physiological & biochemical process of nourishment. Dietetics is the application of Nutrition in various services offering multiple avenues:
- Dieticians in hospitals, nursing homes and multispeciality clinics.
- Food service managers in food service institutions, airline, catering, star hotels and other catering agencies.
- Nutritionist in community, companies and private organizations.
- Resource person to conduct nutrition programmes in villages.
- Nutrition counselors in Non-Govermental Organizations (NGOs)
- Research Scientist/expert in research and development centres like National Institute of Nutrition (NIN), Indian Dietetic Association (IDA), Indian Council of Agricultural Research (I.C.A.R.) and Central Food Technological Research Institutes (C.F.T.R.I.)
- Recruitment as Nutritionists and Quality Assurance Executives in multi-national companies.
- Recruitment as Academicians.
- Entrepreneurs in different sectors related to health, diet, and food.
- Food Writer and Critics.
- On completion of the Degree course students can opt for Master Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics from reputed Universities all over India.